NAMI Fairfield invites Guest Speakers to join us on the first Wednesday of the month (except for July and August) from 7:30-9:00 p.m. in the Eliot Room Library, First Church Congregational, 148 Beach Road, Fairfield, CT.
These informative and interesting presentations are free of charge and open to the public. Light refreshments are served.
For more information about the NAMI Fairfield Speaker Meetings please email Ann Hulinsky at elizabeth.graham [at] yale.edu.
We hope you will join us!
Speaker Meeting, Wednesday, October 4, 2017:
Dr. Toral Surti is an Associate Professor at Yale University and a clinical psychiatrist in the Schizophrenia Neuropharmacology Group. More information coming soon!
Do you have an idea for our speaker meetings? Please share your suggestions. Send us a note to namifairfield [at] gmail.com.
Recap of some of our recent guest speakers:
- Dr. Maggie Davis with the Yale Translational Brain Imaging Program, spoke about neurotransmitter systems’ role in mental illness and available treatments. She graciously shared her slide presentation with us here.
- David Fitzpatrick, author of memoir, Sharp: My Story of Madness, Cutting and How I Reclaimed My Life
- Dr. Demitri Papolos, Childhood Bipolar Disorder
- John Hamilton, Co-Ocurring Disorders, Recovery Network of Programs
- Dr. Debra Slade, Spirituality & Mental Health, Norwalk Hospital
- Dr. Michelle Albright, Tools to Keep Calm and Carry On, Weston Youth Services
- Denique Weidema-Lewis, We can all save lives, RYASAP
- Dr. Margaret McClure, Borderline Personality Disorder, Fairfield University