On February 28, 2018 NAMI Fairfield Hosted Round-Table Discussions with Our Legislators!
The Behavioral/Mental Health System in the state of Connecticut is at a tipping point. The state’s fiscal situation is critical. The need for services is rising while agency budgets are being cut. Citizens are asking for a comprehensive, effective safety net, yet its system of care, one that took years to build, is being eroded and is in danger of crumbling.
Over 70 people participated in round table discussions with our State Representatives. They shared stories about their experiences accessing mental healthcare in Connecticut, and listened to what the lawmakers had to say about this spring’s legislative session. This opportunity built understanding about how important mental health support services are.
A hearty thank you to the Legislators who attended:
- Representative Cristin McCarthy-Vahey (Fairfield)
- Representative Brenda Kupchick (Fairfield, Southport)
- Representative Jonathan Steinberg (Westport)
- Representative Adam Dunsby (Weston, Easton, Redding)
- Senator Ed Gomes (Bridgeport)
- Representative Laura Devlin (Fairfield, Trumbull)
Co-Sponsors of this event include: